Portuguese Dressing Recipe
With beef and smoked sausage, this meaty dressing is different from many other dressing and stuffing recipes. It’s delicious alongside roasted chicken or turkey for holidays or any occasion. I like to use chourico, a Portuguese specialty sausage that’s popular in our area.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. In the same skillet, saute the sausage, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and allspice for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the sausage mixture, stuffing cubes, broth, egg and parsley to the beef mixture; mix well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC