- 2 large portobello mushroom caps (about 4 to 5 inches wide)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place mushrooms, cap side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush tops with oil. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Spread half of the spaghetti sauce into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place mushrooms on sauce, cap side down. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Portobellos Parmesano in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p35
Reviews for Portobellos Parmesano
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2011
"Wow, this was so easy and flavorful! I used an Italian cheese blend because that's what I had. Will absolutely make this again."