Portobello Waffles with Balsamic Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (8 ounces), cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon and drippings to a small bowl; cool slightly. Add butter and goat cheese; beat until blended.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender; cool slightly. Place 1/4 cup mushrooms in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, thyme, pepper and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and chopped mushrooms; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cubed mushrooms.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with goat cheese butter and balsamic syrup. Yield: 16 waffles (1 cup butter and 1/3 cup syrup).
Reviews for Portobello Waffles with Balsamic Syrup(6)
Sort By :
It sounds wonderful, I intend to give it a try.
It seems to me that kmkasprzak and wombatt need to take lessons in English and spelling before criticizing others. Such awful grammar and spelling shouldn't even get you out of the 3rd grade. I think you should take your own advise.
Wow! Savory and sweet and completely satisfying. Not your usual stuicky sweet breakfast fare. Will serve this for a baby shower brunch next month.
SOUNDS GREAT!! I haven't tried it but intend to! I know how pleasing the combination of salty and sweet, savory and sweet can be. Can't wait to try it!!!
If you haven't tried the recipe why do you rate it so negative. Also if you don't like some of the ingrediants the same goes. Maybe others are more adventurest than you.
Rest assured, I could never rate this because it would never see the light of day in my house. Mushrooms are bad enough, but vinegar syrup??? Ain't gonna happen.