- the bread crumbs, pecans, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons balsamic
- vinegar, 1/2 cup cherries and chopped mushroom.
- Starting about a third in from one side, make a lengthwise slit in
- the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Turn roast over and make
- another lengthwise slit, starting from about a third in from the
- opposite side. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap.
- Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness; remove plastic. Spread stuffing
- mixture over meat.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie pork at
- 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Slice remaining mushrooms; brush with 1 tablespoon
- vinegar. Arrange around pork.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine remaining
- vinegar and reserved wine; brush over pork. Bake for 1 to 1-1/2
- hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10
- minutes before slicing.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the wine, vinegar, broth,
- garlic and remaining cherries. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is
- reduced by half. Stir in cream; simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with
- pork and mushrooms. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked pork equals 495 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.