- bread crumbs, pecans, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar,
- 1/2 cup cherries and chopped mushroom.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Starting about a third in from one side,
- make a lengthwise slit in the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom.
- Turn roast over and make another lengthwise slit, starting from
- about a third in from the opposite side. Open roast so it lies flat;
- cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness; remove
- plastic. Spread stuffing mixture over meat.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie pork at
- 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Slice remaining mushrooms; brush with 1 tablespoon
- vinegar. Arrange around pork.
- Bake 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine remaining vinegar and reserved
- wine; brush over pork. Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine wine, vinegar, broth, garlic
- and remaining cherries. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is
- reduced by half. Stir in cream; simmer 5 minutes. Serve with pork
- and mushrooms. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked pork equals 495 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now