Portobello Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 portobello mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, salt and pepper in oil until mushrooms are tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, parsley, flour, garlic powder and pepper flakes. Drain spaghetti; add to sour cream mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with mushrooms and marinara sauce.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup equals 422 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.