Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies Recipe
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1. Spread cut sides of buns with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the beef, mushrooms, rosemary and pepper in remaining butter until mushrooms are tender. Spoon onto buns; top with cheese.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish; serve with sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 722 calories, 39g fat (22g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1637mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 8g fiber), 43g protein
Reviews for Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies
"Plan on making these soon, though will leave out horseradish. A great side dish would be homemade potato salad."
"My husband LOVES these"
"My husband LOVES this sandwich! I sauté sliced onions with the mushrooms and beef."
"is that the correct calorie count seems very high or is tha t for the whole recipe"
"Great! Fast and yummy."
"My husband likes roast beef sandwhiches so I thought I'd give it a try. It was very fast and the whole family loved it!"
"Really really like these. Easy, quick, and delicious. Will try another variety of this using ham and swiss."
"My whole family loved this recipe!! I left out the rosemary, and the sandwiches were still outstanding. I will be making these sandwiches for dinner again soon, for sure!!"