Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies Recipe
It doesn't get much easier than this delicious sandwich which features Portobello mushrooms, roast beef and provolone cheese. My sister and I love this gourmet-tasting sandwich.—Tabitha Freeman of Middletown, Connecticut
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1. Spread cut sides of buns with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the beef, mushrooms, rosemary and pepper in remaining butter until mushrooms are tender. Spoon onto buns; top with cheese.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish; serve with sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich with 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture equals 722 calories, 39 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 1,637 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 43 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC