It doesn't get much easier than this delicious sandwich which features Portobello mushrooms, roast beef and provolone cheese. My sister and I love this gourmet-tasting sandwich.—Tabitha Freeman of Middletown, Connecticut
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Spread cut sides of buns with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the beef, mushrooms, rosemary and pepper in remaining butter until mushrooms are tender. Spoon onto buns; top with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish; serve with sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p21
Reviews for Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review