Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies Recipe
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Spread cut sides of buns with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the beef, mushrooms, rosemary and pepper in remaining butter until mushrooms are tender. Spoon onto buns; top with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish; serve with sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies
Sort By :
Plan on making these soon, though will leave out horseradish. A great side dish would be homemade potato salad.
My husband LOVES these
My husband LOVES this sandwich! I sauté sliced onions with the mushrooms and beef.
is that the correct calorie count seems very high or is tha t for the whole recipe
Great! Fast and yummy.