- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat water and broth and keep warm. In a large saucepan, saute shallots and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until shallots are tender. Add the rice, thyme, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.)
- Add mushrooms and Parmesan cheese; stir gently until cheese is melted. Garnish each serving with a heaping tablespoon of Mascarpone. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Portobello Risotto with Mascarpone in Easy Italian Cookbook 2013 2013
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Portobello Risotto with Mascarpone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review