Portobello Pizzas Recipe
- 6 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place mushrooms, stem side down, on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepper, onion, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Divide among mushrooms; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pizza equals 274 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.