Portobello Pasta Bake Recipe
I always plan to use this recipe right after Thanksgiving Day. Leftover turkey never tasted so good. — Preci D'Silva, Dubai
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked multigrain spiral pasta
- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. With a spoon, scrape and remove gills of mushrooms; slice caps.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to turkey mixture and toss to coat. Stir in 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC