Portobello Mushrooms Florentine Recipe
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray; place in a 15x10x1-in. pan, stem side up. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- 3. Whisk together eggs and salt; add to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains; spoon onto mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, basil. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed mushroom: 126 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Portobello Mushrooms Florentine
"Excellent. Flavor is awesome and this is easy to make."
"very flavourful - easy and quick"