- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray; place in a 15x10x1-in. pan, stem side up. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Whisk together eggs and salt; add to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains; spoon onto mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Portobello Mushrooms Florentine in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p40
Reviews for Portobello Mushrooms Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2017
"Excellent. Flavor is awesome and this is easy to make."