A fun and surprisingly hearty breakfast dish packed with flavor and richness. —Sara Morris, Laguna Beach, california
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray; place in a 15x10x1-in. pan, stem side up. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Whisk together eggs and salt; add to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains; spoon onto mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Portobello Mushrooms Florentine in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p40
Reviews for Portobello Mushrooms Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review