Portobello Mushroom Saute Recipe
It’s guaranteed this festive vegetable medley will have guests asking for seconds. The portobello’s intense flavor and firm texture make the nutritious saute top-notch.—Leona Ryynanen, Houghton, MI
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese, tomato and olives; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC