- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese, tomato and olives; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Portobello Mushroom Saute
Sort By :
Our local dairy farm makes a fantastic hickory smoked sweet swiss cheese so I plan on using that the next time. If you are concerned about the amount of fat, rather than reduce the amount of sliced ripe olives, saute the vegetables in a bit of beef stock. It would definitely enhance the "beefiness" of the portobello mushrooms.
I make this as is but use smoked gouda or gruyere. As Ned says,"scrumpdillicious!"
I haven't tried this but will probably do so. I think I will change to the MoonLight Extra large mushrooms.
this is so colorful and easy,I reduced the olives amount to reduce the mount of salt.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >