- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese, tomato and olives; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Portobello Mushroom Saute
Sort By :
"Our local dairy farm makes a fantastic hickory smoked sweet swiss cheese so I plan on using that the next time. If you are concerned about the amount of fat, rather than reduce the amount of sliced ripe olives, saute the vegetables in a bit of beef stock. It would definitely enhance the "beefiness" of the portobello mushrooms."
"I make this as is but use smoked gouda or gruyere. As Ned says,"scrumpdillicious!""
"I haven't tried this but will probably do so. I think I will change to the MoonLight Extra large mushrooms."
"this is so colorful and easy,I reduced the olives amount to reduce the mount of salt."