Portobello Mushroom PIzza Cups
Making stuffed portobellos for guys watching a hockey game was quite an endeavor. I made two dozen for six guys, and as the game got more exciting, they screamed for more. Scraping the gills from the underside of the mushroom is easy if you use a small teaspoon, gently, so as not to crack the cap. The amount of cheese, pepperoni and spices is entirely up to whatever satisfies your team. —Lor
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (3 inches)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms; brush caps with
- oil. Place rounded sides down on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the pizza sauce, pepperoni, green
- pepper and 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning; spoon onto mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with cheese and remaining Italian seasoning. Bake for 8-12
- minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is bubbly. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed mushroom equals 233 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.