- 4 large portobello mushrooms (3 inches)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms; brush caps with oil. Place rounded sides down on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the pizza sauce, pepperoni, green pepper and 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning; spoon onto mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining Italian seasoning. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Portobello Mushroom Pizza Cups
"Very fast, easy, and tasty!"
"an excellent dish for mushroom lovers! quick and easy. some of my mushrooms were about 4" across, so they weren't as "stuffed", but they were still great. i didn't use quite as much italian seasoning and i cut back on the pepperoni and the cheese."