Portobello Lamb Chops Recipe
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 lamb loin chops (2 inches thick and 5 ounces each
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 1-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oil and rosemary; brush over mushrooms. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- 3. Grill lamb chops and mushrooms, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Slice mushrooms and serve with lamb chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 lamb chop with 1 mushroom equals 429 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.