Portobello-Gouda Grilled Sandwiches Recipe
Take a simple grilled cheese sandwich to the next level with the earthy, rustic flavors of Portobello mushrooms and gouda cheese. —Sheryl Bergman, Shady Side, Maryland
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Place cheese on two bread slices; top with mushrooms, tomato and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining butter.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 498 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 984 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC