- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup watercress
- Broil the large red pepper 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters,
- about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate pepper a quarter turn. Broil and
- rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately
- place pepper in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Place in a
- food processor; add the yogurt, sherry, garlic, pepper sauce, and
- salt. Cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- For stuffing, in a small nonstick skillet, saute onion and the
- chopped red pepper in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the
- egg, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, saltines, parsley, mustard and
- seasonings. Stir in onion mixture; fold in crab. Spoon filling into
- mushroom caps. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated
- with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown
- and mushrooms are tender. Serve on bun halves with watercress and
- reserved red pepper sauce.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 268 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 794 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.