Portobello Crab Open-Faced Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- FOR SERVING:
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup watercress
- Broil the large red pepper 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate pepper a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place pepper in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Place in a food processor; add the yogurt, sherry, garlic, pepper sauce, and salt. Cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- For stuffing, in a small nonstick skillet, saute onion and the chopped red pepper in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, saltines, parsley, mustard and seasonings. Stir in onion mixture; fold in crab. Spoon filling into mushroom caps. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and mushrooms are tender. Serve on bun halves with watercress and reserved red pepper sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Portobello Crab Open-Faced Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This is an incredible dish....it is a lot easier than it looks :-).... and more filling than you would expect. I Love the way all the ingredients compliment each other!...Please give this a try!!!"