Portobello-Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar, honey, salt and ginger until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry carrots and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add spinach; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender and spinach is wilted.
- 4. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain linguine. Add chicken and linguine to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 352 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.