Portobello Burgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Add mushroom caps; let stand for 15 minutes, turning twice. Drain and reserve marinade.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until tender, basting with reserved marinade. Top with cheese during the last 2 minutes.
- 3. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger equals 280 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Portobello Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.