- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 medium red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- In a small bowl, mix aioli ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, whisk marinade ingredients until blended. Place mushrooms in a 13x9-in. baking dish; drizzle with 1/4 cup marinade. Bake, covered, 35-40 minutes or until tender. Remove from baking dish; cool slightly. Cut into 1/2-in. strips.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add red onions; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 30-40 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add remaining marinade; cook 4-6 minutes or until onions are glazed, stirring occasionally.
- Place red peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Remove stems and seeds. Chop peppers; return to bowl. Add green onions, basil, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil. Toss to combine.
- Place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets; brush with remaining oil. Bake at 375° for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- To serve, top toasts with mushrooms, arugula, onions and pepper mixture. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until heated through. Drizzle with aioli. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Portobell0 Bruschetta with Rosemary Aioli in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p20
Reviews for Portobello Bruschetta with Rosemary Aioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >