- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- In a small bowl, mix aioli ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, whisk marinade ingredients
- until blended. Place mushrooms in a 13x9-in. baking dish; drizzle
- with 1/4 cup marinade. Bake, covered, 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from baking dish; cool slightly. Cut into 1/2-in. strips.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add red
- onions; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to
- medium-low; cook 30-40 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring
- occasionally. Add remaining marinade; cook 4-6 minutes or until
- onions are glazed, stirring occasionally.
- Place red peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from heat
- until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a
- quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and
- blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; let stand, covered,
- 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Remove stems and
- seeds. Chop peppers; return to bowl. Add green onions, basil,
- garlic, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil. Toss to combine.
- Place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets; brush with
- remaining oil. Bake at 375° for 4-6 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown.
- To serve, top toasts with mushrooms, arugula, onions and pepper
- mixture. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until heated through. Drizzle
- with aioli. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.