Portobello Beef Burgundy Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef sirloin tip steak, cubed
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain. In same skillet, brown beef in oil in batches, adding garlic to last batch; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Drain.
- 3. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add bouillon; bring to a boil. Stir into slow cooker. Stir in bacon. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 4. Stir in mushrooms. Cover and cook on high 30-45 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without noodles) equals 321 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Portobello Beef Burgundy
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.