Portobello & Green Bean Saute Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic and bouillon; cook 1 minute longer. Drain green beans; add to skillet and toss to coat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tomatoes, marjoram and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 77 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Portobello & Green Bean Saute
"I made this as a side dish for Christmas dinner. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. The flavors of all the ingredients go so well together, but are still distinct enough to savor individually. The ratio of the other vegetables to the green beans was a bit overwhelming, though, so I will cut the quantity of the onions, mushrooms and tomatoes by half the next time I make it. And there will be a next time!"