Portobello & Green Bean Saute
I think the key to tasty veggies is simplicity. That is the way I like to cook. Simple everyday ingredients combined to be fantastic. Be careful with the salt, the bouillon may have enough for most tastes. If cremini mushrooms are not available, white button mushrooms work equally well.Elaine Shoemaker, Sedgewickville, Missouri
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter
- until tender. Add garlic and bouillon; cook 1 minute longer. Drain
- green beans; add to skillet and toss to coat. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the tomatoes, marjoram and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 77 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.