I think the key to tasty veggies is simplicity. That is the way I like to cook. Simple everyday ingredients combined to be fantastic. Be careful with the salt, the bouillon may have enough for most tastes. If portobello mushrooms are not available, white button mushrooms work equally well.—Elaine Shoemaker, Sedgewickville, Missouri
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic and bouillon; cook 1 minute longer. Drain green beans; add to skillet and toss to coat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tomatoes, marjoram and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Portobello & Green Bean Saute in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p26
Reviews for Portobello & Green Bean Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review