Portobello & Basil Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Add the cream, salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Stir in cheese and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 679 calories, 48g fat (28g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 1020mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Portobello & Basil Cheese Tortellini
"I made this recipe as submitted and it was very good. Even my picky eaters finished their dinner. Will definitely add to my rotation."
"I used half and half also. Very good!"
"Soooooooo good! great paired with parmesan crusted chicken!"
"Wow! One of the best recipes ever! Like others, I lightened it by using half and half. I also used vegetable broth to make it vegetarian. I would definitely serve this to company.,"
"I've made this three times over the past few months. I have used half and half and also shitake mushrooms. It is so easy and delicious!"
"This receipe was easy and delicious! My granddaughter's boyfriend is a vegatarian and he loved it. We ate it all at one sitting (just 3 of us) and the boyfriend made it for his parents. They also liked it a lot. Thanks for a great recipe."
"I am one person so I made half the recipe to try it out. I buy mushrooms every week. It was wonderful and company fare. And wll be serving to guests soon. I then tweet it using as a base and ended with the most wonderful dish, different pasta, different muchrooms, wine and half &half. Thanks so much for recipe."
"This was FABULOUS! I used half and half rather than heavy whipping cream, and it was plenty rich. YUM! My whole family raved! We will definitely make this again."
"This was incredibile. My husband called it resturant quality. It was also pretty simple. We will make it again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.