- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Stir in cheese and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Portobello & Basil Cheese Tortellini
"I made this recipe as submitted and it was very good. Even my picky eaters finished their dinner. Will definitely add to my rotation."
"I used half and half also. Very good!"
"Soooooooo good! great paired with parmesan crusted chicken!"
"Wow! One of the best recipes ever! Like others, I lightened it by using half and half. I also used vegetable broth to make it vegetarian. I would definitely serve this to company.,"
"I've made this three times over the past few months. I have used half and half and also shitake mushrooms. It is so easy and delicious!"