- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 pound pork sausage links
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes and cheese. Whisk the eggs, milk, pineapple juice and butter; stir into potato mixture and mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; stir into potato mixture and mix well. Set aside. Brown pork sausage. Drain and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a saucepan, combine the sausages, pineapple and maple syrup; heat through. Prepare waffles; serve with sausage-pineapple mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Porky-Pine Waffles in Country Woman September/October 1990, p29
Reviews for Porky-Pine Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review