Porky-Pine Waffles Recipe
This recipe originated with an Arizona cousin of mine. For a change of taste, I sometimes substitute applesauce and sauteed apple chunks for pineapple. I was raised in the city, and I've lived most of my life in this suburb of Chicago—but I have fond memories of summers spent in farm country!
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 pound pork sausage links
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the potatoes and cheese. Whisk the eggs, milk, pineapple juice and butter; stir into potato mixture and mix well.
- 2. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into potato mixture and mix well. Set aside. Brown pork sausage. Drain and cut into bite-size pieces.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine the sausages, pineapple and maple syrup; heat through. Prepare waffles; serve with sausage-pineapple mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 839 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 254mg cholesterol, 1459mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Porky-Pine Waffles
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC