A colorful combination of watermelon, strawberries, kiwifruit and peaches makes a sweet salsa that's ideal to serve alongside grilled pork basted with peach preserves.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Jalapenos in Your Life
- 1 cup seeded chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped kiwifruit
- 1/4 cup chopped peaches
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 to 2 mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, lime juice, honey, lime peel and mint; set aside. In a saucepan or microwave, heat the preserves for 1 minute.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 15 minutes. Turn; brush with some of the preserves. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with preserves. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings (2 cups salsa).
Originally published as Pork with Watermelon Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p9
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Watermelon Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2013
"Very refreshing meal. Great summer dish for entertaining!"
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2008
"The salsa is quite tasty and unique in flavor. Diane"