Pork with Three Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, stir-fry the pork, onions and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, peppers, tomato paste, salsa, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine the flour and water until smooth; gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 270 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer