Pork with Tangy Mustard Sauce
Meet the Cook: About any side dish would accompany this entree well. In summer, we like to have our homegrown sweet corn and cheesy potatoes hot off the grill, a cold salad and green vegetables alongside it.
If you ever have leftovers - it's rare that we do! - the pork would be good in a breakfast casserole or omelet.
-Ginger Johnson, Farmington, Illinois
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup apricot or pineapple preserves
- Rub roast with oil. Combine mustard, garlic powder and ginger, rub
- over roast. Place in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass
- container; seal bag or cover container. Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat for 60 minutes. Combine the
- horseradish mustard and preserves. Continue grilling for 15-30
- minutes, basting twice with sauce, or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Heat
- remaining sauce to serve with roast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot