Pork with Tangy Mustard Sauce Recipe
Meet the Cook: About any side dish would accompany this entree well. In summer, we like to have our homegrown sweet corn and cheesy potatoes hot off the grill, a cold salad and green vegetables alongside it. If you ever have leftovers - it's rare that we do! - the pork would be good in a breakfast casserole or omelet. -Ginger Johnson, Farmington, Illinois
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup apricot or pineapple preserves
- 1. Rub roast with oil. Combine mustard, garlic powder and ginger, rub over roast. Place in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; seal bag or cover container. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat for 60 minutes. Combine the horseradish mustard and preserves. Continue grilling for 15-30 minutes, basting twice with sauce, or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Heat remaining sauce to serve with roast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 158 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Pork with Tangy Mustard Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC