Pork with Tangy Mustard Sauce Recipe
Meet the Cook: About any side dish would accompany this entree well. In summer, we like to have our homegrown sweet corn and cheesy potatoes hot off the grill, a cold salad and green vegetables alongside it. If you ever have leftovers - it's rare that we do! - the pork would be good in a breakfast casserole or omelet. -Ginger Johnson, Farmington, Illinois
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup apricot or pineapple preserves
- Rub roast with oil. Combine mustard, garlic powder and ginger, rub over roast. Place in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; seal bag or cover container. Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat for 60 minutes. Combine the horseradish mustard and preserves. Continue grilling for 15-30 minutes, basting twice with sauce, or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Heat remaining sauce to serve with roast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Pork with Tangy Mustard Sauce in Country Woman July/August 1997, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork with Tangy Mustard Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >