Pork with Tangy Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup apple cider or juice, divided
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring cherries and 1/3 cup cider to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter and oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, bring the vinegar and remaining cider to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cherry mixture; heat through. Return pork to the pan; turn to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 305 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Pork with Tangy Cherry Sauce
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer