Pork with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Cut tenderloin into 12 slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip pork in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork in batches. Remove from pan.
- 3. Add sweet potatoes, cranberries and broth to same pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir in mustard.
- 4. Return pork to pan; add apple and green onions. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-6 minutes or until pork and sweet potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3 slices pork with 1 cup potato mixture equals 315 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.