Pork with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Cut tenderloin into 12 slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip pork in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork in batches. Remove from pan.
- Add sweet potatoes, cranberries and broth to same pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir in mustard.
- Return pork to pan; add apple and green onions. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-6 minutes or until pork and sweet potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
This was tasty and easy for a weeknight dinner. I only had whole berry cranberry sauce and seeded mustard, but they both worked out quite well. Will try this again as written.
This is one of my go-to dishes for company. Always turns out wonderful!
I cooked an onion with the pork and added a can of drained black beans and made this a great meal in one dish. Also used dried cherries. All the sweet apple, cherry and potato, my kids loved it.
According to the "Nutrition Fact's" as listed, I hope there is more flavor than Nutrition!
I have used apple juice making this because I didn't have chicken broth. It made it very sweet to our taste. I did think that using 1/2 broth and juice might be good, but I haven't made it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >