Pork with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Flatten pork to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork in oil in batches. Remove and keep warm. Add the broth, sweet potatoes and cranberries to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Stir in mustard.
- Return pork to the pan; add apple and onions. Cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Sweet Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
This was tasty and easy for a weeknight dinner. I only had whole berry cranberry sauce and seeded mustard, but they both worked out quite well. Will try this again as written.
This is one of my go-to dishes for company. Always turns out wonderful!
I cooked an onion with the pork and added a can of drained black beans and made this a great meal in one dish. Also used dried cherries. All the sweet apple, cherry and potato, my kids loved it.
According to the "Nutrition Fact's" as listed, I hope there is more flavor than Nutrition!
I have used apple juice making this because I didn't have chicken broth. It made it very sweet to our taste. I did think that using 1/2 broth and juice might be good, but I haven't made it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >