Pork with Sweet Pepper Relish Recipe
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into thin rings
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin rings
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. For pepper relish, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 7 minutes or until onion is tender; drain. Stir in the wine or broth, brown sugar and vinegar. Reduce heat to low; cook until liquid evaporates, about 13 minutes. Remove vegetable mixture and keep warm.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, brown pork in remaining oil for 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Serve with pepper relish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 360 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Pork with Sweet Pepper Relish
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.