Pork with Sweet Pepper Relish Recipe
From Gainesville, Florida, Lillian Julow sends this meal-in-one. Red wine, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar season the relish that perfectly complements moist pork.
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into thin rings
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin rings
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For pepper relish, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 7 minutes or until onion is tender; drain. Stir in the wine or broth, brown sugar and vinegar. Reduce heat to low; cook until liquid evaporates, about 13 minutes. Remove vegetable mixture and keep warm.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, brown pork in remaining oil for 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Serve with pepper relish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork with Sweet Pepper Relish in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Sweet Pepper Relish(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Pickles & Relishes Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >