Pork With Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry pork in oil for 6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, cook the peas, soy sauce, vinegar, molasses, ginger and red pepper flakes for 4 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender. Return pork to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until glazed. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup stir-fry, calculated without rice) equals 226 calories, 6 g fat (2 saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pork With Sugar Snap Peas
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.