Pork with Strawberry-Port Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup port wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 pork rib chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in spreadable fruit, wine, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes; cook 2-3 minutes or until softened. Stir in basil and lime juice.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Sprinkle chops with remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
Reviews for Pork with Strawberry-Port Sauce
Sort By :
I also used chicken broth instead of wine with very pleasing results.
I was intrigued with the jelly ingredient and like to try new recipes. This recipe is DELICIOUS! Served with Jasmine Rice and a wilted lettuce salad, it received rave reviews and would be special enough for company.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilled Ribs >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >