I make this Spanish rice dish whenever I have leftover pork. It's perfect for two people. We like to eat it on a corn tortilla or with a salad. —Rebecca Hodges, Huntsville, Alabama
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked Apricot Pork Tenderloin
- In a small saucepan, saute rice in oil until lightly browned. Add the broth, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender. Add pork; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork with Spanish Rice in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p80
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork with Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review