This pork chop supper packs just the right amount of zip. The salsa is a great accompaniment to the pork.—Lea Baker, Pacific Grove, California
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Combine the chili powder, vinegar and cumin; rub over pork chops. In a bowl, combine the first 11 salsa ingredients' set aside. Broil chops 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Fold sour cream into salsa; serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork With Sour Cream Salsa in Country Woman May/June 2003, p36
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork With Sour Cream Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review