Pork with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Set aside 1 cup of pineapple (save remaining pineapple for another use). Place the pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, mustard, paprika and ginger. Spread half over the pork.
- 2. Bake, uncovered at 450° for 15 minutes. Spread with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°
- 3. Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the red pepper, onions, pepper flakes if desired, remaining brown sugar, reserved pineapple and juice. Let pork stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 259 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Pork with Pineapple Salsa
"Very good. I've made this many times but not the salsa (SO FAR)."
"All I have to say is this was Amazing! I've tired it with both green and red peppers. The red look more appealing, but I perfer the taste with the green. Both ways are great!"