Pork with Peach Picante Sauce Recipe
When fresh peaches are in season, I cook these pork ribs up for family and friends. I love the recipe because I only need six ingredients, the slow cooker does the work for me and the ribs turn out tender and tasty.—Connie Jenista, Valrico, Florida
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, toss ribs with taco seasoning. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, preserves and barbecue sauce. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Add peaches; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until peaches are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 315 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC