Pork with Peach Picante Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, toss ribs with taco seasoning. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, preserves and barbecue sauce. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Add peaches; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until peaches are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 315 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Pork with Peach Picante Sauce
"I am happy to be the First one doing a review on this recipe. Made up a 1/2 batch and both hubby and I declare it a winner. I have a temperamental crockpot so cooked mine stove top on a very low simmer . Covered for about 45 minutes. I also included the fresh peaches. And after they were done I used a potato masher to just give them a light mash. Its fruity and its sassy and it will be the Ribs best friend. 1/2 of this recipe yielded 1 full cup.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor"