Pork with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Cut tenderloin widthwise into fourths. Slice each piece in half but do not cut all the way through; open and flatten each piece. Melt butter in a large skillet; add pork. Combine thyme, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over the meat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until vegetables are almost tender and pork is no longer pink. Remove meat to a platter and keep warm. Combine milk, mustard, cornstarch and the remaining thyme mixture; stir into the vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Spoon over pork and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 252 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Pork with Mushroom Sauce
"I used a small pork loin roast. Butterflied it, but next time would make medallions (is what I ended up doing to make sure done). Used all the thyme mixture to coat the pork. Seared it in the pan and added the onions as soon as all sides were seared. Doubled the amount of the sauce as we like a lot of sauce. Added maybe a 1/2 cup of pinot grigio to deglaze the pan, then added the mushrooms. Let it cook down before adding the milk mixture. I did add some extra thyme to the onion/mushroom mixture. (I used french thyme). Remember thta pork can be served medium rare to rare. DON'T OVERCOOK or pork does get rubbery and dray. Served with garlic parmesan mashed potatoes. Will fix again."
"this recipe is ok for a quick meal. it's yummy, but the pork comes out a little tough. i used three pork loin chops"
"My husband says do it again!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.