Pork with Gorgonzola Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Additional Gorgonzola cheese crumbles, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the Dijon mustard, olive oil and thyme until blended; set aside. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, brown pork on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Transfer pork to a foil-lined roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Spread Dijon mustard mixture over all sides of pork. Bake at 425° for 10-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over medium heat, saute garlic in butter for 30 seconds. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually whisk in the cream, wine and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add cheese. Cook and stir until sauce is reduced to desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Slice pork and transfer to serving plates. Spoon sauce over pork. Sprinkle pork with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without additional c: 398 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Pork with Gorgonzola Sauce
"Absolutely loved the sauce! Very good. I added more gorgonzola cheese. I will make this again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.